Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Conclusions of honesty July 1


A few reminders learned from a conscious honesty effort. These are just learned conclusions. You will discover some of your own.
1)   The Holy Spirit continues to love us regardless of any personal failure.
2)   Try to love people openly enough to tell them truth instead of just trying to change them. Think first, then always use kind words.
3)   Genuine truth-practice sets us free to say no as well as yes. When living honesty, I cannot participate in all things [neither could Jesus].
4)   Choose words more carefully. If you feel you must respond at all, instead of telling a truth like, “I sure don’t like your new hairstyle.” You might just answer, “I appreciate you asking. You know, as I see it, that style is not the most flattering for you.”
5)   You may be right, like following your perspective of some rule, but still not be honest. This happens when you have a misdirected value, like money solves everything. Sometimes we should just answer “I need to think more about that.” Or you might say, “Right now, I’m glad you asked, but now, I don’t know, but I’m willing to listen.”
6)   A hurtful honesty is short term. A dishonest lifestyle is long term. A dishonest lifestyle is like a dripping faucet. Over a long period, the slow drip will dig a noticeably big hole. Fix the faucet. Be honest.

I realize these are not all the answers that exist. They remain suggestions to jump start your thinking and action. I think of the old rodeo cowboy and some of his expressions. He would say, “the ride ain’t over yet until the buzzer bends yore ear!” Keep riding. Keep practicing.



No comments:

Post a Comment