Old Things—New Things
“Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence.”
[2 Cor.5:17, GWT].
What was the old way of living?
One view of life says there are three main motivators:
1) Wanting to be a part of the crowd.
2) Pleasurable sexual activity at all costs.
3) Self-interests stimulators.
in Christ, these get changed from:
1) Wanting love from crowd to loving God toward group.
2) Selfish sexual pleasure to Christlike creativity.
3) Self-centered drive to other centered, innovative persuaders.
The old things have passed and become new.