Wednesday, November 23, 2016

No Fear Nov. 18

No Fear

I woke one dark night. A wave of fear rushed over me. It centered on a fear of death. I couldn’t breathe. I envisioned a coffin, smothering, trapping me. I became a small sniveling boy, couched in a corner of a dark house of my youth, scared, alone, feeling unloved and lost.

But just as suddenly another wave washed over me. It said, “You are loved and love throws out fear. Trust in your savior. You win if you die. You win if you live.”

Then peaceful sleep overtook me.
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” [1Jo.4:18, NIV. And I would say, “Not yet.”]

I continue to pray for respect for Him of whom I am not afraid.



No comments:

Post a Comment