Monday, September 9, 2024

Some Confusion Sept 9

 

There seems to be confusion about the scripture John 15: 7, “If you abide in me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.” [NKJV].

Christians think, “Well  I think I’m living the Christ life, why am I not seeing all my prayers answered? The Gospel of John says they will!”

First, “If you abide” really means live continually, like Jesus mentions earlier in that scripture, He is the Vine, and we are the branches.

Branches STAY ATTACHED to the vine [ the trunk] in order to live and branches need time and the right nourishment to thrive. The Vine gives the life, coming from the root [heavenly Father].

Second, “My words abide in you” also means the continual streaming and embracing of God’s word in daily life.

So being God’s word, living God’s word, nourished by God’s word…then Jesus can act decisively.

No comments:

Post a Comment