Monday, January 22, 2024

Getting Scripture to Read You Jan.22

 

If you really want to know more that God talks back to you, you must spend time on one belief:  Jesus, the human, is somehow a part of God the Father and the Holy Spirit and He is, in some form, ever presently real like wind, earth, or water are real.

        When you think or read the whole Cross experience of Jesus, from the garden of Gethsemane to the actual crucifixion, in Matthew, Mark or Luke---when Jesus is carrying the Cross and nailed to it, did you ever wonder what he was thinking besides the seven last words recorded?

        I don’t think he just thought about his physical pain, but I think he quoted scripture to himself. For instance, read Psalm 22: 1-2; 7-8; 14-15. Why, because God’s words are eternal.

This becomes significant because you must learn to feel Jesus the man, Jesus the Christ, Jesus the Messiah is as active today as He was years ago. When you can feel Christ is here now, you can proceed to the next insight that He prays with you as you truly pray.

 [More continues next day]

 

Prayer: Lord, I know I have to get my mind off my pain. Thank you for being my "go to" relief.


No comments:

Post a Comment