Saturday, January 20, 2024

How to get God to talk to you. Jan. 20


Of course, this subject is personal. God is never impersonal. So, I want to get personal here as well and share some thoughts.

I think every believer (Christian) wants to have a recognized conversation with God. Notice, I used ‘recognized conversation’. I assume you are like me such that we do not always know when or if God hears us. Yes, we may speak prayer to Him often, but do we Know when and how he speaks back. Sure, there are many ways God speaks, but I’m centering on specific praying.

Also, I’m not going to talk about the usual, like times to pray, methods to pray, places to pray, those kinds of guides. While they have merit, I want to focus on what it means to have the scripture READ us when it comes to a conversation, a two-way talk with the Almighty.

You and I may say a prayer to God often, but do we hear back from him? Can we know (for sure) God gets in a two-way discussion with us? Certainly, he speaks through every word in scripture, but we make those words too generalized, like scattering seed, but I want to share an idea about what may be needed for us, so like a mature plant, we can grow more fruit. Would you like to feel scripture more?

Check this blog each day for discussions.


No comments:

Post a Comment