Sunday, January 17, 2016

A Remembrance Jan.17

A Remembrance

I stood gawking through the proverbial glass window at my new grandchild. Years had passed since I stood in a place like this. I was reminded how that tiny pink wriggling of hands and feet could possibly sustain life. I was reminded how this true miracle interrupts daily living each day. We just don’t pay attention. But I was transfixed, glued to the spot, literally, with my nose against the glass.
My mind advanced forward with tunnel vision. I began to day-dream. Would she pursue an education? Would she marry and have children and grandchildren of her own? What would be her pain? Would this little girl really know me?
Abruptly, I jerked away from the window. Quickly, I wiped slobber off the glass, glancing around to see if anyone saw me. Then a very strong impression bombarded my thinking. As a Christian, I did not have to know the future. God doesn’t really want that for us because it would nullify faith. He wants us to “faith” life wherever we find it.

Happy is the person who knows where true life comes from and goes with the heavenly flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment