Sunday, June 28, 2020

2nd & 3rd Honesty Ideas June 28


First was change perspective. See June 26.
Second, if we commit to an honesty approach that recognizes that someday we may behave truthfully and then, other days, fail with pretense---we must find actions for lifestyle that do NOT define us by our weaknesses. To accomplish this, we need to rely more on Christ’s forgiveness. God’s unlimited forgiveness for his children means, we do not have to be stuck in some weakness or situation. So, we take on intentionally an openness attitude and approach to living.
Now I know this is hard. But again, EASINESS is not the goal. And the increasing challenge to become truthful is we must learn to avoid defending ourselves with every struggle. We can realize that if we commit to God’s permanent truth, He can defend us when necessary. Committing to the process of loving and accurate truth-telling with Jesus and others moves us into the kind of forgiveness that can overcome bad behavior in a Christlike manner. Consequences of bad behavior may not be erased but feeling bad about them need no longer define us.
Third, living a forgiven life, helps us discover new solutions to lying, faking, or presenting false impressions. For new solution attempts to work we must find other persons who accept honesty efforts. This may be one of the very reasons we are to gather together as like-minded Christians for worship. How you get together becomes open for individual interpretation, but gathering together helps us share and gives the Holy Spirit opportunity to correct and renew character growth. [Acts 2:42-44; 5:42]
In my past experience, honesty process helps in even practical ways. For instance, I had a good friend come to me with a business proposition. It involved a new product and I could see; it would make us a lot of money.
The difficulty was the product and approach I would have to be involved did not fit my personality. I hurt his feelings by refusing but I had to be honest and admit that in the long run, I would have hurt his goals and me. So, I could say no because I’d had some honesty growth. I just had to admit who I was and stick with it.
Stay with me. More action follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment